Current Activities (1996 - Present)
Private practice of psychology. Conduct forensic evaluations in civil litigation matters and provide expert witness testimony. Provide litigation consultation.
- 1990 – 1996 Director – Forensic Evaluation & Consultation Service: Barrington Psychiatric Center. Duties included: Administration and supervision; Conducting evaluations and providing expert witness testimony; Coordination of MCLE Presentations; Clinical supervision for the Los Angeles Free Clinic.
- 1985 – 1990 Senior Psychologist and Assistant Clinic Director: Family Court Mental Health Services, Brooklyn, NY. Duties included: Performing court-ordered evaluations in child custody, delinquency, child neglect & abuse matters; Providing expert witness testimony and consultation with judges and other court personnel.
- 1978 – 1990 Private Practice of Psychology: Individual & marital therapy; Psychological testing; Consultant to the Office of the Corporation Counsel, City of NY.
- 1986 – 1987 Clinic Administrator & Director of Psychological Services (part-time position): Youth & Family Consultation Center, Brooklyn, NY. Duties included: Clinical supervision; Formulation of grant & contract proposals; Provision of direct services in psychotherapy and psychological testing.
- 1984 – 1985 Staff Psychologist: City Hospital Center – Elmhurst, NY. Duties included: Intern supervision; Interdisciplinary team consultation; Individual and group therapy; Psychodiagnostic evaluation.
- 1981 – 1984 Staff Psychologist: Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Adjunct Faculty Member, University of Miami Medical School. Duties included: Interdisciplinary team consultation; Psychodiagnostic assessment; Instruction of medical students on the psychiatry rotation.
- 1978 – 1981 Staff Psychologist: Dade County Department of Youth & Family Development, Miami FL. Duties included: Individual & family therapy; Clinical
supervision of social work staff; Workshop presentations.
- 1978 Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL (included completion of an accredited internship at Patton State Hospital, San Bernardino, CA, 1974-1975)
- McDonald, J. & Kulick, F., Eds. Mental and emotional injuries in employment litigation, Second Edition. Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 2001.
- McDonald, J., Kulick, F. & Creighton, M. Mental disabilities under the ADA: A management rights approach. Employee Relations Law Journal, 1995, 20(4), 541-567.
- McDonald, J. & Kulick, F., Eds. Mental and emotional injuries in employment litigation. Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 1994.
- Winning Trial Practices: How to Tackle Your Opponent’s Expert Through Cross-Examination. Beverly Hills Bar Association – December 2016
- Providing and Defending Emotional Distress Damages in Employment Litigation. Beverly Hills Bar Association – June 2013
- The Role of the Forensic Psychologist in Employment Litigation. Seminar presented at the University of Miami Counseling Center, Miami, FL, February 2003.
- Mental Disorders in the Workplace. Seminar presented at the 2000 Civilian Personnel Law Conference, Western Area Counsel Office, San Diego, CA.
- Psychology: Understanding and utilizing the science and methodology. San Antonio, TX, June 1998.
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychology-Law Society
- New York